Altyno Product Warranty
- AICA Kogyo Co., Ltd. (AICA), the manufacturer of the Altyno product (“PRODUCT”), warrants to the purchaser of PRODUCT that PRODUCT will be manufactured free from defects and will remain free from manufacturing defects for a period of (2) years from the date PRODUCT ships out to the purchaser, subject to the limitations provided below. Covered defects include manufacturing errors that result in reduced gloss, developed texture, decomposition, swelling, clouding, tackiness, crazing, bubbling, or cracking of PRODUCT. AICA also warrants to the purchaser of PRODUCT that PRODUCT will not have appreciable color change for a period of two (2) years from the date PRODUCT ships out to the purchaser, subject to the limitations provided below.
- The foregoing warranty does not apply to any PRODUCT installed more than three (3) months after the date of delivery to the purchaser. The warranty does not cover defects that are not directly attributable to defective manufacture, such as defects that result from (i) use of PRODUCT for applications not recommended by AICA or its importer, (ii) failure or deterioration of substrate or structure connected to substrate, (iii) failure of the installer to follow the installation guidelines provided in installation training seminars approved by AICA or its importer, including failure to conduct sample test of adhesive and substrate surface combination; or other installation errors made by the installer, (iv) improper handling including shipping damage or improper storage damage, (v) modification of PRODUCT such as application of paint or other coatings, (vi) normal wear and tear as time passes, (vii) excessive abuse, (viii) abnormal environmental conditions such as high temperature, low temperature, high humidity, and strong UV-ray exposure, (ix) abnormal conditions such as floods, fire, or other acts of God; or (x) improper maintenance, including but not limited to useof cleaners or cleaning equipment not recommended by AICA or its importer.
- PRODUCT is designed for interior use and is not intended for exterior use, continuous UV-ray exposure, or continuous water, steam, or moisture exposure. AICA accepts no liability for installation in locations where PRODUCT is continuously exposed to outside weather; to UV-rays including direct and indirect sunlight; or to water, steam, or moisture.
- PRODUCT is designed for commercial use and is not intended for residential use. AICA accepts no liability for installation in households or other non-commercial locations.
- AICA accepts no liability for damage to drywall or other surfaces that are not recommended substrates for PRODUCT caused by removal of PRODUCT, whether or not PRODUCT is defective.
- In the event of PRODUCT defects covered by the foregoing warranty, AICA’s sole responsibility under this warranty shall be as stated in this paragraph. AICA will replace the defective PRODUCT with comparable PRODUCT manufactured by AICA, provided, however, that if the defective PRODUCT was installed properly on substrate with surface preparation recommended by AICA by an installer who holds a valid AICA installer certificate both at the time of original installation and at the time of claim filing, AICA shall also pay reasonable costs of removal of the defective PRODUCT and installation of the replacement PRODUCT. AICA will pay transportation costs to deliver the replacement PRODUCT to the purchaser’s location in the United States. The replacement PRODUCT will be warranted for the remaining unexpired warranty period for the original PRODUCT determined defective. If replacement PRODUCT is not available, AICA will refund the amount the purchaser paid for the defective PRODUCT. All warranty claims must be filed promptly after the event or condition giving rise to such claim and in no event later than two years and 30 days after the date the PRODUCT subject to the claim shipped out to the purchaser. Each claim must include the pattern and lot number. Claims must be submitted by the purchaser to the AICA importer from which the PRODUCT was purchased, using the form provided for that purpose by the importer.
- THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL AND SHALL CONSTITUTE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF PURCHASER AND LIMIT OF LIABILITY OF AICA FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, OR EXPENSES OF PURCHASER. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL AICA BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR OTHER ECONOMIC DAMAGES. AICA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT PRODUCTS CONFORM TO ANY SAMPLES OR SAMPLE TEST DATA THAT MAY HAVE BEEN PROVIDED.
AICA Kogyo Co., Ltd.
2288 Nishihorie, Kiyosu-Shi, Aichi, 452-0917, Japan